TAC2017 - Problem solving using a combination of Thermal Analysis techniques conference will be held from 11th to 12th April at the University of
Hydrides as Energy Materials- HydEM 2016
Hydrides as Energy Materials- HydEM 2016 is to be held at Aarhus University, Denmark, from 1st to 3rd June.
HyDEM 2016 is a combined international symposium and summer school and aims to bring together researchers from physics, chemistry, materials science, and engineering. Its objective is to create a broad, interdisciplinary exchange of ideas and results and identify outstanding problems. It is a point of reference for scientists of energy materials science, with focus on new hydrogen-containing materials for fuel cells, batteries, hydrogen storage, and conversion of CO2 into fuel.
A range of “hot-topics” will be discussed in a series of plenary invited talks and two panel discussions.
- The present fossil fuel based energy system
- Hydrogen society – state of the art
- Carbon dioxide to fuel conversion
- Solid state hydrogen storage
- Hydrides as ion conductors – new types of batteries
- Hydrides as multifunctional materials – new properties
- New types of solid state storage materials combing Al-B-N
- Solid-state storage tank, design and heat management
Dr Darren Broom from Hiden Isochema is an Invited Speaker on the characterisation of metal hydrides.
For more information or to register visit the conference website.