Fully automated breakthrough analyzer, for gas & vapor separation applications with integrated quadrupole mass spectrometer
- Unique high pressure breakthrough analyzer with integrated mass spectrometry
- Full system automation and total user programmability
- Optimized for research scale samples with bed sizes from 2 cc
The ABR is a dedicated breakthrough analyzer with fully programmable operation including control of total pressure, flow rate, composition and temperature. Samples are loaded into interchangeable reactor beds and dried in-situ with purge gas or vacuum at elevated temperature. Reactive gas mixtures are then flowed through the bed, and the downstream composition determined in real-time with an integrated mass spectrometer.
- Programmable total pressure, flow rate, composition and temperature
- Optimised for research-scale sample sizes with interchangeable reactor beds
- Ultra-low dead volume for rapid signal response
- Automated switching between purge and process gases
- Configurations for gas-vapor and vapor-vapor separations
- High pressure operation to 50 bar
- Fully integrated mass spectrometer with optimized sampling interface
The ABR is primarily designed to meet the needs of researchers wishing to characterize the gas separation properties of small quantities of novel sorbents such as metal-organic frameworks (MOFs), zeolitic imidazolate frameworks (ZIFs), covalent organic frameworks (COFs) and related porous materials without the time or expense of synthesizing larger sample quantities.
Larger beds allow assessment of gas separation performance of commercial sorbent materials as well as laboratory scale validation of process models.
Applications areas include:
- Air separation
- CO2 capture and storage
- Removal of poisonous or harmful gases from effluent streams
- Recovery of rare (noble) gases
- Natural gas and biogas upgrading
Download the latest ABR product flyer in PDF format.
An article published in Chemical Engineering World addressed the measurement of breakthrough curves in the laboratory scale assessment of adsorbents for gas separation applications.
Get in touch with us today to speak to one of our experts.
Call us on +44 (0) 1925 244678 or click below to contact us.