Dr Darren Broom to tutor at I-GASS summer school
Hiden Isochema is pleased to be supporting the 1st International Gas Adsorption Summer School (I-GASS) which will be held on the Greek island of Spetses from 9-14th September 2019.
35 international participants from academia and industry have been selected and will be travelling to the Greek island of Spetses.
The aim of the summer school is to provide an introduction to the measurement and analysis of gas adsorption by nanoporous materials. The five day programme will introduce nanoporous materials, the fundamentals and applications of gas adsorption, and the measurement methods typically used to determine the gas adsorption behaviour of porous solids.
The five day programme will introduce nanoporous materials, the fundamentals and applications of gas adsorption, and the measurement methods typically used to determine the gas adsorption behaviour of porous solids. Approaches to analysing adsorption data for applications, such as gas storage and separation, and for assessing the pore structure of porous materials will also be covered. There will be an emphasis on making accurate measurements and applying the most appropriate models to adsorption data.
- Darren Broom – Hiden Isochema Ltd, UK
- Jacek Jagiello – Micromeritics Instrument Corp., USA
- Philip Llewellyn – Aix-Marseille University & CNRS, France
- Alexander Neimark – Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
- Theodore Steriotis – National Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos”, Greece
- Matthias Thommes – Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Kazuyuki Nakai – BEL Europe GmbH and MicrotracBEL Corp
- Gino Baron – Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Dr Darren Broom, Product Manager at Hiden Isochema will be giving 5 presentations at the summer school. These include an introduction to gas adsorption measurement techniques and detailed overviews of the manometric and gravimetric techniques. Further presentations will cover calculation of gas adsorption capacities for practical gas storage and separation applications.
For more information visit the summer school website.