Gravimetric sorption analyzer for binary gas sorption analysis using the IMB method
- Unique IMB method used to measure binary gas adsorption isotherms
- Single component and binary equilibria measured in one experiment
- Only a few grams of sample required
- Precise control of pressure, composition and temperature conditions
- Fully automated operation, including integrated mass flow and MS calibration routines
The IGA-003-MC is a turnkey system for binary sorption analysis using Hiden Isochema’s IMB (Integral Mass Balance) analysis technique. Featuring a gravimetric analyzer, coupled mass spectrometer, and an optimized gas delivery and sampling system.
- Dynamic mode gas delivery with gas flow calibration
- Dedicated sample reactor with combi bath / heater for sample thermostatting
- Optimized sampling interface with a close-coupled Hiden mass spectrometer
- Recommended sample size is 3.5 grams for operation in the pressure range 0.5 bar to 3 bar
- Unique IMB method for partial uptake determination
In the IMB method, a controlled gas mixture flows over a sample suspended from the IGA microbalance and the gas composition at the outlet is determined using a mass spectrometer (MS). Inlet flow rates and outlet gas composition are then combined with in-situ gravimetric data to calculate the partial uptake of each gas- as well as total uptake- as a function of molar fraction. Full time-dependent data is recorded and analysed to ensure steady state conditions are achieved at each step of the measurement. The IMB method is unique to Hiden Isochema’s IGA-003-MC binary gas sorption analyzer.
Kinetic data measured for a binary Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide adsorption isotherm using the IMB method, showing the inlet and outlet mole fractions of each component.
Kinetic data measured for a binary Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide adsorption isotherm, showing the total adsorbed mass and the mass of each component.
Binary Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide adsorption isotherms for Norit RB1 activated carbon measured using the IMB method.
High accuracy gravimetric analyzer, for precise characterization of gas sorption equilibria and kinetics
Single component gravimetric analyzer, for precise characterization of gas and vapor sorption equilibria and kinetics
Advanced gas and vapor sorption analyzer, with next generation microbalance design for high pressure and corrosive capability
Advanced gravimetric sorption analyzer, for high resolution gas and vapor sorption combined with high pressure TGA
Get in touch with us today to speak to one of our experts.
Call us on +44 (0) 1925 244678 or click below to contact us.