Fully automated compact benchtop DVS analyzer, for fast & accurate sorption measurements
- Unrivalled performance and total baseline stability
- Proven reliability supported by 3 year warranty
- Fast and accurate analysis of equilibria and kinetics using the IGA method
The IGAsorp is a fully automated compact benchtop DVS analyzer, for fast and accurate vapor sorption measurements using the dynamic flow technique for water and organic solvents. Measured vapor uptake isotherms and kinetics are used to characterize, test and evaluate materials in precisely defined environmental conditions.
An ultra-sensitive microbalance measures changes in sample mass as a function of humidity and temperature. Humidity is determined by relative mixing of wet and dry gas streams, and is measured and regulated at the sample position. These factors combine to offer unrivalled performance and total baseline stability.
- Market-leading weight stability, temperature and humidity control
- Unrivalled measurement precision, accuracy and resolution
- Operation with water and organic vapors
- Built-in user conformance tests for weight, temperature and humidity verification
- High security 21 CFR Part 11 compliant software option with 3 user privilege levels
- Advanced analysis features including diffusion coefficients, permeation rates and more
Hiden Isochema’s unique IGA method is applied independently to every step in a gravimetric sorption measurement. At each step, the humidity and temperature are actively regulated, with resultant changes in sample weight continuously recorded.
The kinetic weight data is analyzed in real-time, and the trend toward equilibrium is predicted and displayed on screen. Equilibration criteria are applied to objectively determine the period allowed before the measurement moves on to the next pressure or temperature value. Each equilibrium point is plotted on an isotherm or isohume, and the full raw data is also recorded.
The IGAsorp therefore allows consistent analysis with optimum measurement accuracy and faster overall process times.
IGAsorp DVS analyzers are used in hundreds of R&D and process laboratories and are equally popular in both academic and industrial sectors. Key areas include:
- Polymers and packaging
- Natural materials
- Building and construction materials (cement, timber, insulation, adhesives)
- Fuel cells (proton exchange membranes)
DVS applications include:
- Quality control
- Hydrophobicity, product stability and shelf life
- Water activity and water content determination
- Polymorphism: amorphous phase detection and quantification
- Diffusion and permeation including vapor transmission rate (MVTR/WVTR) analysis
A simple test to detect amorphous phase transition
MVTR results from a polmer film
Example of an isothermal kinetic response data
Comparison between isotherms at course and medium resolution
Example of a hydration-dehydration cycle
Variation of the microscopic diffusion coefficient with relative humidity
All IGAsorp models can be interfaced with complementary characterization tools, including Raman and Infrared (IR) probes, optical systems and a range of Hiden Analytical quadrupole mass spectrometers.
The standard IGAsorp analyzer can be readily upgraded to other IGAsorp models, IGAsorp-CT and IGAsorp-XT, offering extended operating temperature and vapor partial pressure ranges, as required.
A range of options and accessories are available including moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) cells, organic vapor measurement capability, and an electrically actuated external water feed for extended operation.
Fully automated compact benchtop DVS analyzer, with extended isothermal range
Fully automated DVS analyzer, with advanced control method for water sorption under extreme conditions
Single component gravimetric analyzer, for precise characterization of gas and vapor sorption equilibria and kinetics
Get in touch with us today to speak to one of our experts.
Call us on +44 (0) 1925 244678 or click below to contact us.