High accuracy gravimetric analyzer, with combined pressure & flow control for precise characterization of thermodynamics & kinetics
- Uniquely combines high pressure TGA with equilibrium and kinetic sorption measurements
- Unrivalled measurement precision, accuracy and repeatability
- Fast and accurate analysis of equilibria and kinetics using the IGA method
The IGA-003 is a dynamic gas sorption analyzer incorporating multiple controllable inlets with combined pressure and flow control, and integrated mass spectrometry. Incorporating an ultra-sensitive microbalance, the IGA-003 measures changes in sample mass as a function of temperature, pressure and gas composition. The unique IGA method analyzes real time gravimetric data to determine kinetic parameters and simultaneously predict sorption equilibrium.
- Fully programmable with combined control of pressure, flow and gas composition
- Optional integrated vapor generator module
- Sample temperatures from 77 K to 1000 °C
- Fully programmable for advanced method development
- Fully integrated quadrupole mass spectrometry option for evolved gas analysis (EGA)
Hiden Isochema’s unique IGA method is applied independently to every step in a gravimetric sorption measurement. At each step, the pressure and temperature are actively regulated, with resultant changes in sample weight continuously recorded.
The kinetic weight data is analyzed in real-time, and the trend toward equilibrium is predicted and displayed on screen. Equilibration criteria are applied to objectively determine the period allowed before the measurement moves on to the next pressure or temperature value. Each equilibrium point is plotted on an isotherm or isobar, and the full raw data is also recorded.
The IGA method therefore allows consistent analysis with optimum measurement accuracy and faster overall process times.
IGA analyzers are widely regarded as the benchmark for gravimetric sorption analyzers and are used in an extensive range of applications:
- Energy storage
- Temperature Programmed Desorption/Oxidation/Reduction (TPD/TPO/TPR)
- Gas adsorption capacity determination
- Thermodynamic and kinetic studies
- Evolved Gas Analysis (EGA) and Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
IGA instruments are used in both academic and industrial laboratories globally and are continuously producing high precision reproducible data. The IGA’s reputation is underpinned by publication of data in over 700 peer reviewed papers, including many in high profile journals.
The IGA-003-MC model is offered for binary sorption analysis using Hiden Isochema’s IMB (Integral Mass Balance) analysis technique. This model incorporates dynamic mode gas delivery, a dedicated sample reactor with combi bath / heater for sample thermostatting and an optimized sampling interface with a close-coupled Hiden mass spectrometer.
IMB analysis using the IGA-003-MC offers the following benefits
- IMB measurements are fast, accurate, and can be performed using only a few grams of sample
- Single component and binary equilibria measured in one experiment
- Fully automated high throughput analysis including flow and MS calibration
- Isothermal and isobaric multipoint binary sorption isotherms with precisely controlled pressure / composition / temperature conditions
The recommended sample size is 3.5 grams for operation in the pressure range 0.5 bar to 3 bar. For further information about IMB analysis using the IGA-003-MC, please contact us now.
All IGA models are fully programmable and the flexible HIsorp software allows complete control over the experimental parameters. Sequences of measurements may be programmed at multiple temperatures and with infinite variations.
IGA models are modular in design and allow future upgrades to advanced models. Accessories include a range of thermostats to cover the range 77 K to 1270 K including TPD furnaces and advanced cryogenic controllers.
The IGA-003 is fully compatible with Hiden Isochema’s optional MultiPort Inlet Selector. Available with up to 12 ports and dedicated vacuum and purge ports, MultiPort further enhances the programmability of the IGA-003.
High accuracy gravimetric analyzer, for precise characterization of gas sorption equilibria and kinetics
Single component gravimetric analyzer, for precise characterization of gas and vapor sorption equilibria and kinetics
Advanced gas and vapor sorption analyzer, with next generation microbalance design for high pressure and corrosive capability
Advanced gravimetric sorption analyzer, for high resolution gas and vapor sorption combined with high pressure TGA
Get in touch with us today to speak to one of our experts.
Call us on +44 (0) 1925 244678 or click below to contact us.